Monday, August 27, 2007

Summer of a lifetime

Tami and I headed off to outside of St. Louis where we spent 20 days in "boot camp". This boot camp helped us to grow in ourselves, to experience God in a way that we had not done before, and to prepare us for what we could encounter in our adventure overseas. There was over 100 hundred of us on the Eurotrip 1 alone, in Eurotrip 2 there was about 50. Eurotrip to went to different countries than Euro 1

The next for weeks we spent traveling to 9 different countries in Europe. What we did there was we each were in groups whether it be puppets, singing/dancing, or drama. By doing this it would attract people to come and watch. While one group was preforming the other groups would go to these people and try to strike up a conversation about God and how one can be saved. You are probably thinking how can you do that when they don't speak English? That is where the miricales of God come in. He found some way to break that language barrier. Where it be they spoke English, or we had a little booklet of their language, or a friend of theirs spoke English and could translate(which was a double bonus).

I didn't personally lead anyone to God that summer. I was only 14 years old and a little bashful. So I prayed. I prayed for my friends and the people they were talking too. I prayed that God would forgive the sins of those who didn't know. I don't remember how many people were actually lead to God that summer, but I know that we made an impact.

No comments: