Thursday, September 20, 2007

Competition

It was cool at first having my best friend be my step sister, but then it got to be a little smoothering. Cristy and I were in the same grade, had the same friends, played the same sports, had the same class, lived in the same house. Lets just say we were as close of friends as were once were. It alway felt like I was always competing with her in those areas. It was either her or Katie I was competing with.Katie is my cousin on my dad's side. We were the best of cousins. Once again, were had the same friends, the same classes, we look similar. People were always getting us confused.

I just wanted to be myself and not have to feel like I was competing. I didn't get that until I went to college. I completely became a turtle. I did not hang out with my friends on the weekends because I knew that I would be with either Cristy or Katie. I got a job and had to work most weekends.

No comments: