Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I needed to know why

When I first started to going to college, I stopped attending church. I was three hours away from home. I was unfamiliar with the churches around this area. After a few weeks, I start to wonder why I was going to church. Was I going because my parents wanted me to? Or was it something that I wanted? Did I really know myself, and what I, Me, what I wanted for my life. For 19 years of my life, I was living the life that my parents wanted.

I don't want to say I completely rebelled, but I have done things and some I still due and others I don't. But at least the ones that I don't do anymore I can say, "I tried it and it wasn't for me." I believe there something you have to experience for yourself, to know why you shouldn't do them. Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way.

The last three years, I have been searching for myself and what I want in life. It has been crazy madness. For the longest time, I did not even want to talk about God with my family, except my mom. Every time someone mention God, I just wanted to run the other direction. It felt like they were shoving it down my throat. I tried so hard not to get mad. I trusted that what is meant to be will be. I have faith that it will all work out.

1 comment:

Otter Christy said...

You couldn't be more right. Everything will always work out as it should. Knowing that is the true definition of Faith. To paraphrase Blake, the path to enlightenment is paved with excess.